Get ready for the ultimate clash on the reels! The god of war is ready to show off his power in the Pragmatic Play’s Sword of Ares slot release. Battle your way progressively through the multiplier meter bar to unlock hefty modifiers of up to 500x and win a jackpot of 10,000x!
Betting Options and Bonus Features
Sword of Ares is the sequel to Pragmatic Play’s very successful Greek mythology slot, Gates of Olympus. The game utilizes the same Tumbling and Pay Anywhere mechanics with a unique twist.
It takes 8 to 12 matching symbols anywhere in view to land a win. As long as you keep winning, the Tumble mechanic will remove and replace the winning symbols. Premium symbols pay between 5 and 20x your stake for 12 or more matching symbols. However, there are no Wild symbols which is not unusual with pay-anywhere games.
The multiplier meter above the grid displays three multipliers in the base game but it turns into six multipliers during the bonus round. For the base game, only the highest unlocked multiplier applies to the total tumble sequence win. They are all locked by default and unlocking them requires collecting the displayed number of winning symbols.
- First multiplier - Unlocks when 20 symbols are collected and awards a multiplier value of either 2x, 3x, or 4x.
- Second multiplier - Unlocks when 50 symbols are collected and awards a multiplier value of either 5x, 6x, or 7x.
- Third multiplier - Unlocks when 100 symbols are collected and awards a multiplier value of either 9x, 10x, 11x, 12x, 13x, 14x, or 15x.
The main money-making symbol though is the Bomb symbol which comes in four different shapes and sizes. It also appears on all stages and on all reels of the game. Once it lands, it sits still until the final tumble sequence occurs and then it explodes. This explosion occurs in 4 different ways. In order for bombs to explode in the base game, you need at least one tumble. The explosion removes symbols that are vertical, horizontal, cross, or x, patterns, consequently, triggering the multiplier collection feature and also the tumble feature.
In order to trigger the bonus round you’ll need 4+ scatters. This will award you with 15 free spins and expand your multiplier meter to have up to 6 tiers.
- First-tier – Unlocks when 15 symbols are collected. Awards a multiplier value of either 2x, 3x, or 4x.
- Second tier – Unlocks when 27 symbols are collected. Awards a multiplier value of either 5x, 6x, 7x, or 8x.
- Third tier – Unlocks when 39 symbols are collected. Awards a multiplier value of either 9x, 10x, 11x, 12x, 13x, 14x, or 15x.
- Fourth tier – Unlocks when 55 symbols are collected. Awards a multiplier value of either 16x, 17x, 18x, 19x, 20x, 22x or 25x.
- Fifth tier – Unlocks when 85 symbols are collected. Awards a multiplier value of either 26x, 28x, 30x, 32x, 35x, 40x or 50x.
- Sixth tier – Unlocks when 235 symbols are collected and awards a static multiplier value of 500x!
It’s important to keep in mind that, although each stage is progressive, in order to unlock each tier you’ll need to collect all of the required symbols in a single tumble sequence. If you’d like to experience the bonus game right away, Pragmatic Play includes a bonus buy option. It will cost you 100x your stake and guarantee at least 4 scatter symbols.
Compared to its prequel, Sword of Ares definitely offers a more balanced experience. Since the multiplier bar is unlocked right away, you can get some crazy tumble sequences in the base game alone. But, even though the max win potential has doubled, the gameplay is much less volatile. The progressive multiplier makes things consistent but the big wins are hardly common or surprising, given that you can “see” them coming on the bar.