Empty the Bank is one of those slots from Pragmatic Play with unique gameplay that we don’t often see. The game has the player in the role of an accomplice to a loud-mouth burglar. Gathering all the necessary tools for this notorious trip to the bank, players should look forward to cleaning all the safes and bagging up to 10,000x the stakes.
Betting Options and Bonus Features
On the surface, Empty the Bank features some of the most well-drawn, high-definition images and clean animations that immediately catch the attention of the player. While playing on this pristine 5 reels, 4 rows, and 20 paylines grid, players also get to enjoy intense soundtrack. Among all kinds of goodies, including bags of jewelry, gold bars, etc. the crown is the highest paying symbol. Snagging 5 of these and players can walk away with a comfortable 20x value of the stake.
Looking at the math model, Pragmatic Play rated the game a 5/5 on the volatility scale. Still, players should breathe easier knowing that the RTP is higher than average, clocking in at 96.48%. No matter how intriguing these numbers are, players should focus on emptying all the safes worth 10,000x the bet.
Empty the Bank features the Hold & Win mechanic and there is also the Ante Bet option that can prove to be quite a helpful tool. By raising the stake by 25%, the players are rewarded with extra bonus symbols on the reel, making it easier to get the bonus feature.
The Empty the Bank Respin bonus feature is activated when 3 scatters land simultaneously on reels 1, 3, and 5. When triggered, players are taken to a new 5x4 grid where the scatters are replaced with sticky cash symbols with random values from 1x to 10x.
In the bonus round, all new cash symbols are sticky, the 3 respins are reset after a new sticky cash symbol lands. The round ends when there are no more cash symbols or the grid is filled with them. Additionally, the round will also include 8 special symbols that can increase the grid size to 7 reels and 6 rows. The functions of the symbols are as followed:
- Walkie Talkie - worth 1x or 2x the bet and adds the multiplier to all current money symbols or subsequent money symbols.
- Computer - adds 1x the bet and double all money symbols’ values.
- Burglar - collects all money symbols as well as other burglar symbols, creating space for more symbols to land.
- Alarm - pays 1x the stake, also increases the number of respin to 4 instead of 3, these benefits last until the symbol disappears.
- Drill - unlocks spaces on reel number 1, and awards 1x the bet.
- Hammer - unlocks spaces on reel number 7, and awards 1x the bet.
- Ladder - awards 1x the bet, opens positions on rows 5 and 6 on the 1st and 2nd time it hits.
- Safe Door - awards 1x the bet for 1 hit, hit 3 of them for the max winning value of 10000x the bet.
Not gonna lie - I’m not a big fan of the Empty The Bank slot. I do appreciate Pragmatic Play trying to shake things up a bit and offer a bonus round that doesn’t include traditional free spins. Still, that being said, I do find the game a bit boring at times.
Basically, it’s all about special symbols in the bonus game. Without them, don't hope to land a significant win. The game can pay but I always feel like the bonus round is dragging out so you won’t see me spin these reels often. There are much better Pragmatic Play releases out there I can devote my time and energy to!